Up to $250 per semester
Fall Semester: First Friday in July
Spring Semester: First Friday in November
Summer Semester: First Friday in April
ESSAY One-page types 250 words max, See full requirements
PREREQUISITE Completed 9 credit hours
COLLEGE Richland College
The Richland College Anthropology Scholarship was established in 2010 to promote interest in, and support for, students exploring the general field of Anthropology, and at least one of its subfields: Cultural Anthropology, Biological Anthropology, Archaeology, Linguistics, and Applied Anthropology (Forensic, Cultural Resource Management, Heritage, Business, etc.)
- Be a Richland College student
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have completed at least 9 credit hours
- Be enrolled in at least one Anthropology course in the semester for which the application is submitted.
- A student will not be eligible for two semesters in a row, including a semester falling at the beginning of a following academic year (e.g. summer/fall).
- A student may be eligible for up to two scholarships in a single academic year.
Submit the following to Dr. Tim Sullivan, Professor of Anthropology at Richland College:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- One-page typed essay (250 word maximum) outlining interest and goals and how this course will fit into those goals. Also include a statement about financial need.
- A copy of student transcript demonstrating required hours taken and current GPA.
This scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis. Recipients are selected by a committee of Richland Anthropology Instructors, Chaired by Dr. Tim Sullivan, Anthropology Coordinator.
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC YEAR
Up to 5 per year: Two scholarships each for the Fall and Spring semesters, and one for Summer
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531