Up to $200 per calendar year (available on a reimbursement-basis only)
Applications are accepted beginning December 1 in the calendar year in which the applicant is enrolled in classes. Application packets are due to the PSSA location president no later than the end of the 3rd business day in January of the new calendar year.
ESSAY 250 words minimum
PREREQUISITE Full-time or limited full-time PSSA member with one year of continuous active employment or part-time PSSA member with two years continuous active employment, Minimum of 70 credit hours accumulated or a minimum of an associate’s degree
COLLEGE Any college of DCCCD
Established to provide financial support for DCCCD Professional Support Staff Association members who are working to complete an advanced degree beyond an associate’s degree
- Be a full-time or limited full-time professional support staff association member with one year of continuous active employment OR part-time professional support staff association members with two years continuous active employment at the time of application.
- Show unofficial evidence (e.g., grade report) indicating successful completion of a course(s) with a minimum grade of “C”
Submit the following:
- DCCCD PSSA Reimbursement Scholarship Application Form
- DCCCD Foundation Scholarship Application Form
- Unofficial degree plan
- Unofficial college transcripts indicating a minimum of 70 credit hours or a minimum of an associate’s degree
- Typed 250-word essay (12-point font and double spaced with one-inch margins) describing why the employee is deserving of this scholarship, including a clear statement of academic goals and career plans. Applicant’s name and college/location should be typed in the lower right hand corner and signed in ink below their typed name.
- Send completed application packets to PSSA president at your college/location and they will be forwarded to the DCCCD PSSA Reimbursement Scholarship Committee.
- The recipient must show unofficial evidence (e.g., grade report) indicating successful completion of a course(s) with a grade of “C” or better by sending a copy of the report to: DCCCD Foundation, 1601 South Lamar, Dallas, Texas 75215-1816, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships will be awarded during the annual DCCCD Conference Day. Funds are granted for fall, spring and summer sessions and made available on a reimbursement basis only. For more information, visit the District PSSA intranet site (login required) or your location PSSA representative.
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC YEAR
Varies (determined by the PSSA Scholarship Committee)
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531