Richard McCrary International
Study-Abroad Endowed Scholarship
First Friday in March
Selections for this scholarship will be made Spring 2014.
ESSAY One page, typed
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION Two
PREREQUISITE Completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at a DCCCD college, have been accepted into a DCCCD sponsored study-abroad experience for academic credit
COLLEGE Any college of DCCCD
The Richard McCrary International Study-Abroad Endowed Scholarship was established in 1999 as a tribute to the late Richard McCrary, long-time DCCCD administrator, to provide financial assistance for DCCCD students enrolling in a DCCCD sponsored international travel opportunity.
- Be a DCCCD student
- Have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at a DCCCD college
- Have been accepted into a DCCCD sponsored study-abroad program for academic credit
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
Submit the following to the DCCCD Foundation:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Official college transcript
- One-page typed essay that includes current school experience, future goals, reason for needing this scholarship and reason for participating in this travel/study-abroad opportunity
- Two letters of recommendation - one from a DCCCD staff or faculty member and one character or community involvement reference
Submit the completed application packet to:
1601 South Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75215-1816
The Financial Aid Office at each college will receive and forward applications to the DCCCD Foundation. Applicants submit completed scholarship packets to the Manager, Foundation Scholarships. The Foundation will screen all applications and present them to Guy Gooding for final selection.
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC YEAR
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531