Alice Jones Berding Award in Music
Up to $500 per student
Second Friday in February
GPA Not applicable
ESSAY Personal letter to Mrs. Eleanor Fordham Jones describing the applicant's current school experience and future goals
PREREQUISITE Applicants must be students enrolled in music. Preference is given to students studying piano
COLLEGE Any college of DCCCD
The Alice Jones Berding Award in Music is presented each year to the outstanding music student at each of the seven Dallas County Community Colleges. Each Berding winner receives a cash award and the opportunity to perform in the annual concert. The Alice Jones Berding award is made possible by a gift from Mrs. Berding's sister-in-law, Eleanor Fordham Jones, and her family. This gift was made in memory of her years of teaching piano in the Dallas schools and as a private instructor.
- Be a student at a college of DCCCD
- Contact a music instructor at his/her college, indicating interest in applying for the Berding award.
- Winners are asked to perform at a special scholarship recital in the spring.
Submit the following to your college Financial Aid Office:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Description of musical selection form for music to be performed at awards ceremony.
- Personal letter to Mrs. Eleanor Fordham Jones describing the applicant's current school experience and future goals.
Recipients are selected by music faculty at each college and are chosen based on character, talent, dedication, and need.
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC YEAR
Seven, one at each college per academic year.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-378-1531