Ted Pohrte Distance
$225 per semester, maximum of $450 per year or 2 courses at in-county tuition cost for fall and spring tuition only
1st Friday in June
ESSAY 250-words, typed
COLLEGE Any college of DCCCD
In memory of Ted Pohrte, a long-time advocate of distance learning, a scholarship fund has been established through the DCCCD Foundation specifically for distance learning students at all seven colleges. Ted Pohrte served in the U.S Army as a military officer during WWII. He was at the core of the success of the Dallas County Community College District’s distance learning operation. A distance learning scholarship opportunity for students at all seven colleges of DCCCD has been established in his memory.
- Be a student at a college of DCCCD
- Be seeking a degree and enrolled in at least 6 hours of distance learning classes (9000 section courses) in a fall, spring or summer semester
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have no outstanding debt with the Financial Aid Office from any college of DCCCD
Submit the following:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- 250-word essay on "What Distance Learning Means to Me"
- Transcript of previous high school and college work. An unofficial transcript may be accepted with the application form, but an official transcript is required within 30 days of application.
Please submit the completed application packet to:
Attn: Angela Auzenne
Dallas Colleges Online
9596 Walnut Street
Dallas, Texas 75243
Recipients are selected by the DCCCD Foundation at the end of each spring and fall semester to begin the following full-length semester.
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531