The Sharon Conine and
Inez Austin Scholarship
Up to $500 - $1,000
Spring Semester: April 1
Fall Semester: November 1
PREREQUISITE Provide proof of a current student, refugee, or political or religious asylum visa
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION One letter of recommendation from a sponsoring college employee (a professor, an administrator, or an employee in a supervisory or overseeing role)
COLLEGE Richland College (RLC)
The Sharon Conine Scholarship and Inez Austin Scholarship was established in 2001 to honor the memory and to continue the vision of a caring woman who taught others to have a tender concern for people from foreign lands
- Be full-time students admitted to Richland College
- Provide proof of a current student, refugee, or political or religious asylum visa
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours
- Demonstrate financial need
- Show academic seriousness and excellence with strong grades (minimum 3.0 or B average) and through written recommendations.
- Exhibit promise and vision for making a difference
Submit the following to the Financial Aid Office listed below:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Verification of current and appropriate visa.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a sponsoring college employee (a professor, an administrator, or an employee in a supervisory or overseeing role)
- Typed essay of several pages telling about their circumstances, their plans and hopes, and a bit about the conditions under which they left their native countries to study in America. (See essay guidelines.)
- Optionally, any other credible recommendations and/or other materials clearly supporting the candidate. Such optional support might come from clergy, previous professors at other institutions, or community leaders.
- Candidates seek a college sponsor and then apply through the Richland Financial or through the DCCCD Foundation, or they may be nominated by a Richland College sponsor (a professor, an administrator, or a staff member who can speak credibly and knowledgeably for the candidate).
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
Please submit the completed application packet to:
Financial Aid Office
12800 Abrams Road
Dallas, TX 75243
All application and nominating materials are given to the chair of the Richland College Selection Committee. A Selection Committee is named by the scholarship provider.The Selection Committee considers the materials. Before the recipient is chosen, brief informal interviews may be required by the Committee. A recipient is chosen and named by semester's end.
Scholarships for fall semesters will be announced by May 1 of the previous spring semester
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC YEAR
At least one each fall and spring semester contingent on suitable candidates
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-378-1531