Joe Lucky Memorial Golf
Tournament (JLMGT), Inc.
$2000 per academic year
($1,000 for spring and $1,000 for fall to be used for tuition and books)
Second Friday in January for spring semester
MAJOR Math, engineering, computer science, semiconductor manufacturing
ESSAY Typed letter
PREREQUISITE Have financial need (Financial need will be determined by the Joe Lucky committee based on tax returns and/or financial statement.)
COLLEGE Richland College
This scholarship fund is established in memory of Joe Lucky. Joe was a engineer at Texas Instruments who at the young age of 38 years old, passed away due to a fatal heart attack. Joe left a stay-at-home-wife and two young daughters, ages 8 and 12 years old, at the time of his passing. Joe was one of this life’s good soldiers who developed many friends in his short life. It became obvious to Joe’s fellow colleagues at Texas Instruments that there was not a lot of financial support for Joe’s family after his passing and in his remembrance, they organized and eventually incorporated an annual golf tournament event to provide education funds for the children of the families who have lost the primary financial provider due to a sudden death of that provider. The purpose of this fund is to assist with the higher education of the children of families with similar needs.
- Be a Richland College student
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have a financial need (Submit a copy of prior year’s tax returns or a letter providing financial statement.)
- Seek a Bachelor of Science degree in math, engineering, computer science or semiconductor manufacturing
- Have minimum 3.0 GPA in math and science class in high school.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Richland College during the semester the scholarship is awarded.
- Maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a reduction or loss of scholarship benefits.
- Have less than 75 credit hours to be considered.
Submit the following to the DCCCD Foundation:
Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
High school transcript or college transcript (must be provided)
Typed letter explaining why you are applying for this scholarship
Copy of prior year’s tax returns or a letter providing your financial statement
Mail, fax or email to:
Attention: Scholarship Manager
1601 South Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75215-1816
Richland College Financial Aid Office can submit recommendations to the DCCCD Foundation for review. Final selection will require the approval of at least two of the officers and or members of the Joe Lucky Memorial Golf Tournament (JLMGT), Inc. organization.
For more information or questions contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531