Baylor Senior Life Enrichment
First Friday in June
MAJOR Health Care Professions
PREREQUISITE See full requirements
LETTER One-page letter
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION From a school official and a community-involvement reference
COLLEGE El Centro College
This scholarship was created by private donors to provide high school students who have an interest in health care professions with an educational experience in the health care field.
- Be an El Centro College student
- Be enrolled and remain in a specific health careers program while receiving this scholarship
- Be a graduate of James Madison High School or School of Health Professions at the Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 once they enter a health careers program at El Centro
- Demonstrate the need for financial aid (Need will be determine by completing an application for Federal Student Aid.)
- Be a diligent student who is trying to gain skills and demonstrates an understanding that the health and well-being of the patient is the top priority in the health-care industry
- Complete 50 hours of community service hours at Baylor Geriatrics Center at Dallas prior to graduating (show proof of these hours)
- Be recommended by a Counselor from James Madison or School of Health Professions Townview Magnet Center
Submit the following to the DCCCD Foundation office:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Complete (online) the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen to apply for federal aid)
- One-page essay (typed) describing why he or she is deserving of the scholarship
- Two letter of recommendations - one of which is written by a school official who is aware of the applicant’s potential for college success. The other recommendation can be a character or a community-involvement reference.
- Official high school transcript
- Documented performance at the Baylor Geriatrics Center
Please submit the completed application packet to:
ATTN: Scholarship Manager
1601 South Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75215-1816
High School Counselors from James Madison and School of Health Professions at the Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center recommend qualified applicants to the DCCCD Foundation. Selections are made by the DCCCD Foundation Selection Committee.
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531