George Russell Bowdre
Up to $200 per semester
First Friday in June
PREREQUISITE Be enrolled in or have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours, Be a former or current Lincoln High School Student in the business field
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION One from an El Centro College faculty member or high school counselor
ESSAY See full requirements
COLLEGE El Centro College
The George Russell Bowdre Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of a dedicated DECA/Marketing Education teacher at Lincoln High School. Mr. Bowdre taught in the Dallas Independent School District for 42 years and impacted hundreds of students during his lifetime. This scholarship was established to continue Mr. Bowdre’s legacy.
- Be an El Centro College student
- Be a former or current Lincoln High School Student in the business field
- Be in good academic standing with a 3.0 grade point average or above
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average
- Be enrolled in or have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours
- Be in a need of financial assistance.
- Scholarships are open to all students who meet the above criteria; however, preference will be given to former or current Lincoln High School Students in the business field.
- Recipients must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a reduction or loss of scholarship benefits.
Submit the following to the DCCCD Foundation office:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- One letter of recommendation from an El Centro College faculty person or recommendation from high school counselor.
- Essay (12 point font, single-spaced) addressing the following items:
Describe your short term and long term goals?
How will the scholarship funds assist you in achieving your educational goals?
Submit completed application packets to:
1601 South Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75215-1816
Recipients are selected by the DCCCD Foundation Scholarship Committee
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531