Kay Clendenen Surgical
Technologist Scholarship Fund
Up to $1,000 per academic year ($500 per semester)
1st Friday in June
MAJOR Surgical Technology
PREREQUISITE Completed the prerequisite courses for the Surgical Technologist Program
COLLEGE El Centro College
This endowment, funded in perpetuity, was created by the family of Kay Clendenen to honor her dedication in initiating, implementing, teaching and directing the El Centro Surgical Technologist Program from 1976 to 1990.
Her goal was to answer a need in the Dallas community for qualified surgical technologists, and provide additional employment opportunities within the health-care industry. It is also intended as a testament to her entire career in nursing, attending to the medical needs of others, from her graduation in 1959 to her death in 2002.
- Be a DCCCD student
- Be United States citizens
- Have completed the prerequisite courses for the Surgical Technologist Program with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate the need for financial aid
- Be diligent students who are trying to gain skills to make a better life for themselves, and demonstrate they understand the health and well-being of the patient is the top priority in the health-care industry.
- The recipient must be accepted and registered into the Surgical Technologist Program; be advancing through the program from fall to spring or spring to summer semester and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Failure to meet these requirements could result in a reduction or loss of the recipient's scholarship benefits.
Submit the following to the Financial Aid Director of El Centro College Office of Financial Aid:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- One-page letter describing why he or she is deserving of the scholarship
- DCCCD official transcript
- Copy of this information page
Please submit the completed application packet to:
El Centro College
Financial Aid Office
801 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75202
Selected by the Associate Dean of Allied Health/Vocational Nursing and the Director of the Surgical Technologist Program with verification of financial need by the El Centro Financial Aid Director.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-378-1531