Richard Hill Memorial Scholarship
Up to $500 per academic year ($250 per semester)
COLLEGE El Centro College
Richard Hill was a long time employee of El Centro College. In 1998, family, friends and colleagues of the DCCC established this scholarship in his memory. This scholarship pays tribute to a wonderful person, and El Centro employee who served many years and contributed to the many success of the college and the DCCC.
Richard served the district in many ways including serving as President of the PSSA and he also served on the District PSSA Executive Council. He worked tirelessly on numerous committees throughout the district and in the community. Richard inspired students and co-workers to see beyond the obvious, hear with a keen awareness, feel with compassion and act with an understanding of others when making decisions. His wit, wisdom, and creativity will be greatly missed; but his sense of purpose and dedication is his legacy to his colleagues, friends, family and El Centro College.
This scholarship is awarded to students currently enrolled student assistants of El Centro College and/or Professional Support Staff at El Centro College, who are pursuing an Associate Degree.
- Be a DCCCD student
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen,
- Have and maintain minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester
- Be working toward an Associate Degree
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Failure to meet these requirements could result in a reduction or loss of scholarship benefits.
- Recipients of this scholarship must write a letter of thanks. Once the recipient(s) are selected they will receive information regarding the thank you letter.
Submit the following to the Financial Aid Director at El Centro College:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form and
- A typed letter describing why they are deserving of the Richard Hill scholarship
Please submit the completed application packet to:
El Centro College
Financial Aid Office
801 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75202
Phase I - Applicants will be considered by Executive Dean Business and Public Service Division along with the El Centro Financial Aid Office.
Phase II - Recipients will be selected based on required criteria.
Application to committee: June 1st
Notification to recipient(s): 4th week in July
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531