Sheri Wilson Holloway Memorial
Last Friday in February
PREREQUISITE See full requirements
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION: Letter of recommendation from academic mentor (teacher, principal, etc.)
ESSAY: One page typed letter to the selection committee clearly stating educational goals and how the scholarship and Brookhaven College will assist in meeting those goals
COLLEGE Brookhaven College
The Sheri Wilson Holloway Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in memory of Sheri Elizabeth Wilson Holloway who was an alumnus of Brookhaven College.
Sheri Elizabeth Wilson Holloway completed her freshman and sophomore courses at Brookhaven College prior to transferring to Southern Methodist University to earn her Bachelor of Arts in psychology in 1988. She went on to earn a Ph.D. from Texas Tech University in 1991. Dr. Holloway worked as a jury consultant in Dallas and West Texas before her death in 2009.
The scholarship will provide financial support for Brookhaven College students to pursue and complete their academic studies by providing tuition and textbooks. Scholarship applicants will be considered based on their academic merit and history of academic success; this is not a needs-driven award.
The scholarship will provide financial assistance for:
- Tuition (at in-county rate) for a maximum 12 credit hours per semester up to a total 72 credit hours
- Fall and spring semester enrollment only. The scholarship will not pay for summer sessions.
- $500 per semester will be allotted for textbooks to be accessed through the Brookhaven Textbook Semester Loan Program. No textbook funds will be allotted directly to the scholarship recipient.
- Be a Brookhaven College student
- Have a history of academic merit and academic success; this is not a needs-driven award
- Complete FAFSA
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher and must remain in good standing
- Recipient must be enrolled at Brookhaven College as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours) in an associate degree program
- Recipient must file a degree plan during regularly scheduled meetings with an assigned academic advisor
- Recipient may not withdraw from classes. No withdrawals may appear on transcript.
- Recipient must reapply annually and will be given priority consideration if all scholarship eligibility criteria are maintained.
- Recipient must work with Brookhaven Textbook Semester Loan Program liaison to coordinate timely receipt of required textbooks.
Submit the following to the Assistant to the President at Brookhaven College:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Letter to the selection committee clearly stating educational goals and how the scholarship and Brookhaven College will assist in meeting those goals
- Student resume
- Most recent school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from academic mentor (teacher, principal, etc.)
Attention: Assistant to the President, Brookhaven College
3939 Valley View Lane
Farmers Branch, TX, 75244
Assistant to the President, Building A, Room A206A
Submit application documents to: Assistant to the President, Brookhaven College, 3939 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75244. Or, deliver to the Assistant to the President, Bldg. A, Room A206A.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-378-1531