Fran Potter Memorial Scholarship
Up to $500 per academic year
First Friday in June
MAJOR Fashion design, visual art or theatrical costume design
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION One
ESSAY One page, typed
PORTFOLIO See full requirements
COLLEGE El Centro College (ECC)
The Fran Potter Memorial Scholarship was established in Fall 2010 to assist Fashion Design, Visual Art and Drama students attending El Centro College. This scholarship pays tribute to an outstanding El Centro Faculty member, friend, and colleague. Fran Potter worked with El Centro College for thirty years (1970-2000). Fran served as the Program Coordinator for the Fashion Design program more than twenty years. Fran's students called her inspirational, passionate and visionary. She served as a "clearing house" for her students to position them with the best employer to match their skills and talents. She encouraged her students to create their best. Fran produced award winning students in local, regional and state Fashion competitions. Prior to joining El Centro as a faculty member Fran was a well-known fashion designer with leading manufacturers in the Dallas market. Fran Potter was a visual artist noted for her creativity.
- Be an ECC student
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Have a degree plan on file at El Centro College
- Be a fashion design, visual art or theatrical costume design student
- Recipients must successfully complete at least 6 credit hours per semester and maintain a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Recipients of the scholarship must write a letter of thanks to the Family of Fran Potter
Submit the following to the El Centro Fashion Design Selection Committee:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- A letter of recommendation from a fashion design, visual art or drama instructor.
- Portfolio of work with a minimum of 5 and no more than 8 pieces.
- A written one-page essay stating his or her goals and career plan
Please submit the completed application packet to:
El Centro College
Coordinator, Fashion Design Program
Arts & Science Division
801 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75202
Phase I – Applicants submit completed scholarship packets to the El Centro College Fashion Design Committee.
Phase II – The DCCCD Foundation and the Central Financial Aid Office at the District Office will award recipients based upon selection committees’ request.
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531