LeCroy Scholars Endowed Scholarship
The LeCroy Scholars Endowed Scholarship was established in 1988 by DCCCD Foundation Board Member Mike A. Myers to recognize the late Dr. R. Jan LeCroy, former Chancellor of the DCCCD from 1981 to 1988, for his exemplary leadership in education and in the community. Outstanding leadership and academics are two of the hallmarks of Dr. LeCroy's tenure and are the main requirements of the LeCroy Scholars Program. Nancy LeCroy and Mike Myers will act as mentors to the LeCroy Scholars.
Supports tuition and books, that their certification program or degree plan might require, for up to six consecutive semesters.
- Eligible applicants include high school seniors who will graduate in the spring and students currently enrolled in any of the seven Dallas County Community Colleges.
- High school students selected as LeCroy Scholars will receive a scholarship for tuition and books for up to six consecutive semesters.
- Selected community college students who maintain program requirements will receive a scholarship to cover tuition and books for the remaining semesters of eligibility (not to exceed six consecutive semesters).
Recipients are selected by the LeCroy Scholars Selection Committee.
First Friday in April
Applicants must submit a complete packet with all required paperwork. Submissions postmarked or received by this date will be considered.
NOTE: The LeCroy scholarship will NOT be included in the new myScholarship online application system in spring 2016. To apply for this scholarship you must submit hard copies of all required documents. Listed below are the links to the application forms.
ESSAY One-page typed describing why you want to be a LeCroy Scholar, include your leadership and academic qualifications
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
High school students - counselor or principal
College students - faculty member or counselor
PREREQUISITE Strong leadership record must be demonstrated by involvement in academic, church, and/or community based activities; Assumption of leadership in clubs, athletics, extracurricular activities; strong academic record typically underscored by activities such as honors society involvement, academic club memberships or the selection of academically rigorous course work
COLLEGE Any college of DCCCD
Submit the following to the DCCCD Foundation:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Completed LeCroy Scholars application
- One-page typed essay describing why you want to be a LeCroy Scholar. Include your leadership and academic qualifications, and state why you are applying for this scholarship
- One letter of recommendation. High school students - counselor or principal; College students - faculty member or counselor
- Official high school transcript or DCCCD college transcript
- A personal photograph (Required to complete application, not a factor in the selection process).
DCCCD Foundation, Inc.
1601 South Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75215-1816
- Be a DCCCD student
- Exemplify outstanding leadership
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA at the end of each semester
- Successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Attend planned LeCroy Scholars events, which are outlined in the LeCroy scholarship commitment form
Note: Failure to meet the requirements above could result in a reduction or loss of scholarship benefits
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC YEAR
Varies, usually 7 to 10 per year
For more information contact email@example.com or 214-378-1531