Jerry Junkins Construction
up to $2,000 per academic year
Fall 2013 - May 30, 2013
Spring 2014 - October 30, 2013
MAJOR Construction Management
ESSAY One page typed
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION Two
PREREQUISITE Be enrolled in or have declared a major in an approved AS degree program in Construction Management. Students must intend to pursue, or be pursuing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Construction Management or Construction Technology, leading to a career in the construction industry.
COLLEGE Dallas County Community Colleges, Tarrant County Community Colleges or any State Universities (see full requirements)
The North Texas construction industry has created this fund in memory of Jerry Junkins, CEO, President, and Chairman of Texas Instruments, to herald his tireless efforts in promoting construction management in the business community. This scholarship will assist students enrolled in construction and construction-related classes at any of the seven Dallas County Community Colleges. The award will assist deserving students who intend to pursue, or is pursuing, a degree leading to a career in the construction industry. This scholarship will also allow the recipient to improve his or her talents and skills in the area of construction without the worry of how he or she will fund their education.
- Have a Legal right to reside and work in the U.S. indefinitely
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Be enrolled in or have declared a major in an approved AS degree program in Construction Management
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA or better on most recent transcript (last two years of high school or most recent college work)
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- In the event that the applicant is unable to produce a transcript to verify the required GPA, he/she must enroll in the approved AS degree program and successfully complete the first semester (2.0 or better GPA) enroll in 6 credits to be considered for eligibility.
Submit the following to the DCCCD Foundation office:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- Complete Jerry Junkins Constructions Management Scholarship Application form
- Complete essay questions on Jerry Junkins Constructions Management Scholarship Program Application form
- Two written letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope (i.e. educator, employer, counselor etc.)
- Copy of most recent high school or college transcripts, SAT scores or TASP scores
Please submit completed application packets to:
ATTN: Scholarship Manager
1601 South Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75215-1816
The applicant's high school counselor or school officials from Dallas County Community Colleges Foundation will screen the initial application. The most qualified applicants will be notified by letter and may be asked to interview with the scholarship selection committee. Upon completion of the final selection, the DCCCD Foundation will send an announcement to the recipient. Scholarships will be awarded twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall.
Applications for the fall semester must be submitted by May 30th. Applications for the spring semester must be submitted by October 30th. The DCCCD Foundation will provide Construction Education Foundation (CEF) with all scholarship applications meeting minimum requirements. The Construction Education Foundation (CEF) or approved selection committee will review applications and recommendations, interview finalists, select and inform the DCCCD Foundation of scholarship recipients.
In the event a recipient should refuse to accept a scholarship; an offer will be extended to an alternate.
When applicants are selected, recipients must complete and have on file at their college Financial Aid Office the following:
Construction Education Foundation = 1 Year College Course Schedule approved degree plan.
An applicant who is awarded a Jerry Junkins Construction Management Scholarship must maintain a 2.2 GPA and complete six credit hours for spring and fall semesters. Additional credit may be taken during the summer sessions.
Scholarship recipients failing to maintain the stated requirements will be placed on scholarship eligibility probation for one semester. Should the recipient fail to demonstrate attainment of all initial requirements at the end of the probationary period he/she will become permanently ineligible to continue in the Jerry Junkins Construction Management scholarship program.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-378-1531